Build Your Own Home
Our Home Ownership program assists households in the construction of new homes. Groups working together under PSHH supervision are taught the construction skills necessary. Each group contributes approximately 1,600 hours of ‘sweat-equity’, over a 12-13 month period.
This ‘sweat-equity’, used in lieu of a cash down payment, and with the help of a low interest mortgage, helps low-income families become homeowners. The collective-effort model coupled with a sense of pride builds community and has been an important part of our organization for over 50 years.
Although each county has different income qualifications, below is an example of the general eligibility requirements:
• Maximum income limits:
– 1 to 4 person household – $71,850
– 5 or more person household – $94,850
• Commitment to work 40+ hours a week to building your home
• Borrower must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Annual income at least $40,000, good credit and rental history
Click the box in the top-left corner to view all the neighborhoods built through our home ownership program!