BUILD YOUR OWN HOME
Our next home ownership project is coming soon to King City!
Mail or deliver complete intake packages to: Peoples Self Help Housing, ATTN: Home Ownership, 3533 Empleo St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or more information.
Our Home Ownership program assists households in the construction of new homes. Groups working together under PSHH supervision are taught the construction skills necessary. Each group contributes approximately 1,600 hours of “sweat-equity”, over a 12-13 month period.
This “sweat equity”, used in lieu of a cash down payment, and with the help of a low interest mortgage, helps low-income families become homeowners. The collective effort model coupled with a sense of pride builds community and has been an important part of our organization for nearly 50 years.
Although each County has different income qualifications,
below is an example of the general eligibility requirements:
- Annual income at least $40,000.
- Good credit and rental history
- Maximum income limits:
- 1 – 4 person household – $71,850
- 5 or more person household – $94,850
- NOTE: These maximum income limits are for Monterey County, the lowest of the four counties we serve.
- Commitment to work 40+ hours a week to building your home
- Borrower must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
For additional assistance, please contact us at (805) 540-2446 or email@example.com
Home Ownership Interest List
Sign up to connect with PSHH’s Housing Specialists and to stay notified of any upcoming Home Ownership opportunities!