Santa Barbara County Properties
We know that applying for housing can be a frustrating and lengthy procedure. Sometimes it can take years to reach the top of the wait list, but please know that we will process your application fairly and treat you and your time with respect. Here’s what to expect, and how you can help us manage your application as quickly as possible and stay in touch with you:
- Depending on the property, different federal agencies regulate the process. This is why there are different income and rent requirements for each property.
- You can submit your application by mail or online. If you submit a paper application, please send a separate application to each property you are interested in. Your application will be processed within 2-3 weeks.
- If you are applying on online, when you click ‘Apply’, you will be taken to a 3rd party website called RentCafe. You do not have to complete the application all in one go, but until you do, you will receive several email reminders that the application is incomplete. Once complete, you will be automatically added to the waitlist. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com for support.
- Whether you apply by mail or online, when a vacancy comes up, you will be contacted directly. For this reason, if your phone number or address changes, you must contact each property you have applied to. If we can’t reach you, the property manager will contact the next person on the list.
- Every year, we ask people to reconfirm that they wish to remain on the waiting list. This is done by letter between January and March. Again, this is why each property needs know if your contact information changes. If we don’t hear from you, you will be removed from the waiting list.
- If you contact a Property Manager, you can expect to receive a response by the end of the business week. If you have not heard after 5 business days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.