Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Social Worker/Clinician for our Supportive Housing Program (SHP) team, located in the San Luis Obispo County area.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is a the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote, health, education and connections to community-based resources..
This is a full time, bilingual preferred, position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Working collaboratively and cooperatively with property management staff and other personnel
• Solicits and responds to referrals from property management staff, residents directly and people in the community calling on behalf of rental property tenants who have challenges related to day-to-day functioning.
• Client assessments, development and oversight of case management plans for long term success.
• Emphasis is placed upon collaboration with other community agencies.
• Assists residents with referrals to community resources, benefit programs and related services.
• When appropriate completes an evaluation, a plan and a service agreement with the resident.
• Documents all face-to-face contacts, phone contacts with and on behalf of the resident and all activities related to the service agreement.
• Maintains identified service record in the SHP database.
• Accompanies residents to appointments as required, to ensure services are received
• Crisis intervention, counseling and case management with residents as needed.
• Referral to long term therapy services in the community as needed.
• Assists with property activities related to Health and Community Services functions
• Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and/or Director of Resident Services.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
• Master’s Degree in psychology, social work or other relevant field
• Valid CA Driver’s License with access to reliable vehicle.
• Clinical Supervision hours required for BBS licensing provided by Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html