Senior Asset Manager
Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Senior Asset Manager to provide direct asset management oversight for roughly 25 properties and also provides strategic direction for the entire department/portfolio.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Manage long term financial and physical viability of our 1,900 rental unit portfolio and 6 leased commercial spaces.
• Establish benchmarks, performance indicators and monitoring tools on the financial performance and physical condition of properties including quarterly and annual financial reviews for all properties, development and coordination of quarterly watch lists and related property action plans.
• Supervise additional Asset Management staff.
• Maintain close working relationships with other departments to maximize asset values and net revenue in order to limit risk liabilities.
• Review, contribute to and jointly approve calendar and fiscal year operating budgets.
• Monitor the physical condition of properties through project site visits, review of management reports and capital needs assessments and periodic inspections.
• Coordinate, analyze and implement 20 year capital improvement plans and 504 transition plans as required.
• Analyze real estate taxes and complete all annual welfare exemptions.
• Complete future planning for properties, including financial modeling and hard debt refinancing as required.
• Complete 15 year exits on all limited partnerships.
• Complete quarterly and annual financial review for all properties.
• Coordinate and complete quarterly watch list.
• Prepare and implement Asset Management plans as required.
• Interact with company’s insurance policy carriers and participates in related risk assessments and mitigation planning for properties.
• Periodic review of capital accounts, replacement reserve accounts and losses to determine future capital planning strategies.
• Complete business license applications and renewals.
• Analyze residual receipt calculations on a quarterly basis.
• Lease and generally oversees commercial spaces.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Real Estate, Asset Management, and/or Portfolio Management.
• Prior experience and familiarity of Tax Credit, HUD, Bond, Section 8, USDA and RD.
•Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Excellent time management skills, meeting all deadlines
• Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
• Organized, detail oriented and focused
• Proactive approach to task and department management
• MS Office proficient, intermediate+ Excel abilities
• Yardi system proficient
• Ability to work in any team setting
• Proven ability to treat pertinent information with confidentiality
• Ability to work and maintain relationships with a wide range of consultants and business partners.
• Must possess a valid CA driver’s license, proof of insurance and have access to a reliable vehicle.
• Sitting for long periods of time. Some standing, walking, stretching and reaching. Minimal lifting.
• 10-20% of work time requires travel to visit properties and offsite stakeholders.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html