Peoples' Self-Help Housing is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Property Manager to support and oversee a 68 unit multi-family apartment complex in Paso Robles, CA, located on the beautiful California Central Coast.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is a the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote, health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week).
Part of this position's compensation includes a 3-bedroom apartment onsite at the property, no smoking or pets allowed (Canyon Creek Apartments).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• All duties related to processing tenant applications:
• Annually re-certify tenants as well as reinforcing lease, addendums, house rules, etc.
• Review and prepare for audits
• Assign tasks, review and approve time cards for the key holders
• Collect rents and maintain tenant and unit files in accordance with regulations and in a timely manner
• Perform move-in inspections with tenants
• Review lease and house rules and with the new tenants and instruct on the use of appliances, etc.
• Perform move-out inspections with Portfolio Manager and/or Maintenance Manager
• Arrange for re-keying of front door locks
• Process security deposit refunds in a timely manner
• Process repairs quickly to ensure the unit can be re-rented as soon as possible
• Assist with periodic inspections
• Process accounts payable on a weekly basis
• Attend training classes and seminars to stay current with appropriate property required certification
• Prepare various weekly and monthly reports as required
• Work within the approved operating budget
• Process work orders by notifying maintenance staff or an outside provider of needed repairs
• Track preventive maintenance and process purchase requests and approval forms
• Check community areas and shared spaces for cleanliness and safety on a daily basis
• Maintain control of keys for apartments and common areas and assist tenants with lockouts
• Assist tenants in organizing regular cultural and national celebrations
• Maintain the community room calendar, if applicable
• Help to coordinate, through department collaboration, self-sufficiency tenant programs and activities
• Be prepared for emergencies with mapping of gas shutoff valves, water, escape routes, etc.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Must live on-site at the property location in a company-provided unit
• Must be outgoing, relate and work well with tenants
• Must be be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
• Affordable property management experience preferred (USDA, TCAC, HOME and/or HUD)
• Must be tax credit certified or have the ability to achieve certification
• Excellent computer skills a must and experience working
• YARDI property management software highly desirable
• Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license
• Light lifting, walking and the ability to bend/squat for short periods of time
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html