Project Coordinator, Multifamily Housing Development
Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHH) is looking to hire a motivated and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to support the Multi-family Housing Development department.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farm workers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Collect and organize key project documents (aka, "deal book") after project completion.
• Assist Project Managers with funding applications
• Assist Project Managers with finance closing due diligence document collection and disbursement.
• Assist with preparation for public presentations.
• Conduct initial research on potential projects.
• Attend internal and external meetings, taking notes and distributing notes to meeting attendees.
• Attend public hearings and other meetings outside of PSHH as assigned (occurring throughout three county areas)
• Coordinate with inside Project Design Coordinator and other external professionals, including attorneys, contractors, finance agencies, title companies and public officials/staffs, to gather and disseminate information.
• Develop initial project financial feasibility study.
• Actively participate in staff training and organizational functions and activities as needed.
• Assist with report preparation as required by funding sources.
• Other duties as required by the Division Manager, CEO, CFO or their designates.
• One or more years' experience in real estate/housing development construction or finance, preferably for a nonprofit affordable housing developer (Advanced degree in lieu of experience considered)
• Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Ability to build strong and effective working relationships.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills essential.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Possession of key personal qualities: self-motivation, initiative, entrepreneurship, creativity, flexibility, high moral standards and alignment to the mission of PSHH.
• Occasional evening availability for required public and internal meetings.
• Must possess a valid California driver's license and current automobile insurance.
• Ability to travel to different work sites, satellite offices and meetings in our three county area.
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html