Peoples' Self-Help Housing (PSHH) is looking to hire a motivated Maintenance Technician to support property sites in the Arroyo Grande/5 Citiesarea, located on the beautiful California Central Coast.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Walk the interior and exterior sidewalks daily, removing debris and washing exterior as needed
• Clean, paint or repair based on submitted work-orders or if requested by Maintenance Supervisor
• In coordination with Maintenance Supervisor, schedule repairs with outside vendors
• Prepare vacant units for move-in within five days of vacancy
• Notify gardening staff or outside vendors of damage to landscaping or sprinkler system
• Review all repair orders on a daily basis, determining if item is under warranty or tenant is responsible
• Order required parts and/or contact manufacturer or contractor for corrections/replacements
• Ensure community room (floors, restrooms, kitchen area) is clean.
• Complete periodic inspection of units in coordination with Regional Facilities Manager
• Be present at move-out inspections and prepare inspection reports as requested
• Provide preventative maintenance to plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, fire extinguishers, etc.
• Notify Property Manager of any tenant violations
• Clean trash areas and ensure gates to these areas are closed
• Ensure rain gutters are free of debris
• Repair washers/dryers as required or notify Property Manager to call for service
• Repair/change locks and manage tenant lockouts
• Unlock/lock driveway gates per approved schedule, if applicable
• Work within the approved budget for each site
• Other tasks as assigned by management
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired
• Strong janitorial, painting, appliance repair and carpentry skills
• 1-2 years of similar work experience
• Good people skills
• Must be proactive and a self-starter
• Basic electrical and plumbing skills
• 2 years apartment maintenance experience preferred
• Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, stand/walk 7-8 hours/day, bend, squat, and reach
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html