Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHHC) is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Accounting Clerk to Property Management Fiscal department.
With a mission to build affordable homes, with site-based services that offer opportunities to change lives and strengthen communities, Peoples’ Self-Help Housing is a the largest nonprofit developer on California’s Central Coast. We serve low income working families, farmworkers, seniors and veterans and provide welcoming environments for those living with disabilities and for the formerly homeless. Along with building and managing beautiful and accessible neighborhoods in San Luis, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, we offer a broad array of programs to promote, health, education and connections to community-based resources.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week, 5 days per week).
Salary DOE, with a very competitive benefit package including:
• Employer-paid Medical/Dental/ Vision, LTD/ STD
• Pension Plan (currently 10% salary matching contribution each year)
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employer investment in professional education and employee wellness
• An excellent supportive staff and work environment.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of accounts payable (A/P) batches for the properties and related entities.
• Processes the weekly check runs, matching supporting documentation, obtaining the required signatures, mailing to the vendor and filing the check stub and the invoice in the A/P files.
• Assist in preparing the annual 1098’s and 1099’s.
• Provides appropriate information to and assists with research requested by staff, vendors or auditors.
• Assists in compiling and summarizing data used in the preparation of financial reports.
• Utilizes various computer programs to perform above duties.
• Performs general clerical duties.
• Travels to financial institutions to make bank deposits.
• Attends local training seminars.
• Performs other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor or the Senior Accounting Manager.
• Skilled at use of 10-key and other general office equipment.
• Experienced user of MS suite - Outlook, Excel, Word; Access knowledge would be useful.
• Demonstrates an aptitude for detail and accuracy with numbers.
• Must have a positive attitude and professional telephone etiquette.
• Ability to get along with fellow employees and to communicate effectively with department heads, staff, and external contacts.
• Ability to issue professional internal and external correspondence (letters, memos, email, etc.)
• Ability to handle a high volume of detailed and repetitive work in a professional manner, i.e., timely, accurate, and complete.
• Must have a minimum of two years full charge bookkeeping experience, with a demonstrable awareness of internal control in the accounts payable function; and working knowledge of trial balances and journal entries.
• High school graduate or G.E.D. and some college level accounting courses.
• Must possess a valid California driver's license, proof of auto insurance and have access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and lift up to 10 pounds (files, paperwork, etc.)
To apply, send resume and application to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Fax: 805.544.1901
• Mail: Attn: HR, 3533 Empleo Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Application can be downloaded at: https://pshhc.org/jobs/how-to-apply.html