VOLUNTEER FOR PEOPLES' SELF-HELP HOUSING
Volunteers are critical for the work we do, and PSHH has a variety of opportunities available:
- Youth Education and Programming: Volunteers can assist with after-school tutoring and literacy programs, as chaperones on field trips, or by teaching skills building classes.
- Companionship Cohort: Volunteers can visit with seniors and participate in community activities or help with easy tasks around the house such as with laundry or taking the trash out.
- Event Staff: Volunteers are always needed for special events and fundraisers, performing general clerical work and other short-term or one-time support.
- Mentoring: Local professionals and educators are encouraged to join our network of volunteer mentors to help guide our high school students through college and professional preparation.
- Construction: Volunteers can assist owner/builders with construction tasks such as framing, painting, landscaping, etc.in the Self-Help Housing program.
Volunteers are needed during the following days/hours:
- Non-Construction Volunteers: Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 p.m. (variable)
- Construction Volunteers: Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Who can volunteer?
- High School students: Earn Community Service Hours by volunteering with PSHH.
- College/University students: Earn Academic Credit (and have fun at the same time) by volunteering in one of our programs.
- Seniors, parents, and professionals: Make a positive change in a young person's life - discover the rewards of teaching and working with youth!
- Business and Clubs: Give your employees and members an opportunity to "Pay it Forward."